Are your products vegan-friendly?
Yes, all our products are vegan, and we don't do any animal testing. We leave the animals alone.
Where are your products made?
We choose factories that comply with worldwide environmental best practices, labor laws, material sourcing, and quality control procedures. They help us make sure we continue to produce high-quality products with responsible partners.
What are the bristles made from?
We’re working on a non-plastic, natural bristle, but nylon and PBT are the most sustainable vegan option available that also performs as expected when wet. The only natural materials that have similar properties to nylon today are either pig or badger hair.
We are in the process of researching bristle alternatives that are stable enough to effectively clean, while also being closer to our brand vision. We would love to be the company that comes up with that alternative!
Are your bristles 'soft?'
Yes, we only use soft bristles today, as recommended by our dentist partners. We are working to find an "extra-soft" alternative in the near future.
What are your products and packaging made of?
- Bamboo Brush - Sustainably-harvested bamboo handle (it's the fastest growing plant on earth!) with soft, tapered PBT bristles. The tapered bristles provide a deeper clean than a standard bristle, as they can remove more debris from tough-to-reach areas between teeth. Soy-based paint on the handle and recyclable paper packaging.
- Goodfloss - Made of PLA bioresin and nylon floss. Each card is individually packed in a paper envelope.
- Premium Brush - The handle is made of recycled aluminum, and the brush head is made of PLA bioresin with soft nylon bristles infused with activated charcoal. Charcoal is known to deodorize and balances the pH in your mouth while fighting the germs that cause bad breath.
- Be. Brush - The consumable refill head is made of PP with nylon bristles. We designed our head to be the smallest on the market, meaning less waste each time you change the head. The brush body is made of plastic and metal components.
- Pacific Mint Toothpaste - The natural formula has no synthetics, preservatives, colorants, or fluoride. Tubes are made of a sugarcane-derived polyethylene, which reduces our reliance on fossil fuels. The tubes are recyclable but not biodegradable. If they were biodegradable, the decomposition would begin the moment they are filled with paste. Refreshing minty flavor with a hint of Jacobsen’s sea salt, which is harvested from the Pacific Ocean. The tube stands upright on the shelf, so there is no outer box packaging.
- Premium Tongue Cleaner - The handle is made of recycled aluminum, and the cleaning attachment is made of PLA bioplastic.
What's in your Pacific Mint Toothpaste?
- Calcium Carbonate - A mild abrasive which helps to safely remove plaque when brushing and gently polishes away surface stains.
- Purified WaterSorbitol - Natural sweetener made from corn that keeps toothpaste moist and not dry out during its shelf life.
- Sodium Bicarbonate - (Baking Soda)
- Vegetable Glycerin - Non-gmo vegetable glycerin derived from vegetable oils
- Hydrated Silica - Natural material from the earth that is used to help remove surface stains and whiten & polish teeth.
- Xylitol (birch derived) - A five-carbon sugar used as a sweetener
- Jacobsen's sea salt - Sea salt from the Oregon-based company Jacobsen's, who harvest from the pristine waters of Netarts Bay, Oregon
- Stevia (Leaf Extract) - Derived from the stevia plant. Used as a natural sweetener and to further enhance the natural mint oil flavoring.
- Xanthan Gum - A plant-based thickening and stabilizing agent.
- Betaine - An amino acid that has been shown to have potential benefits for fighting heart disease, improving body composition
What are Goodfloss and Premium toothbrush & tongue cleaner refill heads made of?
Goodfloss, Premium toothbrush refill heads, and Premium Tongue Cleaner attachments are made of polylactic acid (PLA), which is a plastic substitute made from fermented plant starch. It is compostable in anaerobic environments, meaning a controlled industrial composting facility. We’re trying to stay at the forefront of material technology, and PLA is the best alternative to petroleum-based plastics that both performs with the necessary strength and is available to us on the market. We’re testing experimental materials like PHA, which is degradable in marine environments, but it doesn’t work very well for the flosser or brush head because it’s too flexible in the existing formulation. If you run a company working on next-generation bioplastics, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
How should I dispose of your products and packaging?
- Bamboo brush: The handle will degrade in soil in about 6 months in a composting bin. To dispose in a commercial or backyard compost, we recommend you use a pair of pliers to remove the bristles from the head of the toothbrush and remove the small metal staples that are used to clamp the bristles to the handle. The natural bamboo handle can either be reused or thrown in a composting bin. Please dispose of the nylon bristles in your household waste or contact your local recycling facility to see if there’s a solution for recycling the bristles. If removing the bristles is too much work, then snap off the brush head part and dispose of it before composting the handle.
- Premium brush heads, Premium tongue cleaner attachments, and Goodfloss: PLA is industrially compostable; it requires a certain amount of heat in order to break down, which is difficult to achieve in home composting. We recommend contacting your local recycling facility to see if there’s a composting or recycling solution in place for PLA where you live.
- Packaging: All our product and shipping packaging is recyclable paper or cardboard
- Take Back Program: Send us any of your used oral care products (even non-Goodwell products), and we will recycle them through Terracycle. We're committed to helping everyone reduce landfill waste.
Ship to: Goodwell Co.
Attn: Take-Back Program
1801 NW Upshur St, Ste. 590
What is the EcoCart carbon neutral option during checkout?
EcoCart calculates the emissions created from your online orders and donates the exact dollar amount required to reduce those emissions directly to carefully selected environmental projects on your behalf. Carbon offsets are a practical and effective way to reduce the effects of climate change by funding renewable energy, forestry, or clean water projects. These projects reduce emissions of carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases in order to compensate for emissions made elsewhere, like the emissions created from ordering something online.
Look for this section in the shopping cart page (cost will vary based on your order size).
Do you have a take-back or recycling program? Can I send my used toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes back to you?
Yes! Send us any of your used oral care products (even non-Goodwell products), and we will recycle them through Terracycle. We're committed to helping everyone reduce landfill waste.
Attn: Take-Back Program
1801 NW Upshur St, Ste. 590
What is the GoodPoints rewards program?
How well do you know your factories?
We work to ensure our suppliers around the world—whether in the US, Asia, or Europe—are following ethical and fair practices. We review their internal reports and work with suppliers that are routinely audited to ensure they're in compliance with labor and environmental laws. When possible, we visit factories ourselves or send local partners to perform checks and audits to understand factory practices.
It's a common misconception that working in Asia means it's always cheap and has poor working conditions. The reality is that there are both good and bad factories in every country, and we work with factories that take their work seriously and take their responsibility to treat workers well seriously.
Fortunately, there are many international standards that factories can qualify for that show they've been evaluated by impartial auditors and meet or exceed the standards. The most relevant ones our suppliers have achieved are:
- ISO 9001 Quality systems
- ISO 14001 Environmental management
- ISO 14385 Quality systems for medical devices
How do you ship your products?
When it comes to packing and shipping, we keep it simple. Never plastic. Always recyclable. It’s just one of the ways we maximize your convenience while minimizing cost to the planet.
Where are your orders shipped from?
All orders are shipped from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
How do I cancel my subscription
You can cancel your refill plan at any time with no charge.
To cancel your subscription, head to https://goodwell.co/account/login. Log-in and select Subscription Preferences and select “Cancel” under the Actions column. Canceling a plan will not cancel a refill order that has already been charged to your account and/or shipped.
What is your return and refund policy?
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. We can provide refunds (less any incurred shipping costs) within 30 days of receiving your order. Please contact us to initiate the return and confirm our return address. Return postage is not included. Before you ship, please record your personal tracking number, as we cannot issue a refund for items lost in return transit without proof of tracking.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you when we have received your returned item. When approved, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
- Only regular priced items may be refunded; sale and discounted items, including crowdfunding campaign contributions, cannot be refunded.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return and/or refund as quickly as possible. Please do not send anything without contacting us first.
There's a problem with the product I received; what should I do?
We do our best to make sure each item is perfect, but occasionally there can be a glitch. If you have a quality problem with one of our products, please contact us at email@example.com. If possible, please include a photo!