Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a take-back program? Can I send my used toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes back to you?
Yes! Send us any of your used oral care products (even non-Goodwell products), and we will recycle them through Terracycle. We're committed to helping everyone reduce landfill waste.
Attn: Take-Back Program
239 SE 6th Ave
What is the GoodPoints Rewards program?
GoodPoints is our rewards program that allows you to earn points for things you're already doing, like placing an order or sharing Goodwell with friends.
Check the GoodPoints FAQ for more details or just click this button to get started earning!
What is the "EcoCart" option during checkout?
EcoCart calculates the emissions created from your online orders and donates the exact dollar amount required to reduce those emissions directly to carefully selected environmental projects on your behalf. Carbon offsets are a practical and effective way to reduce the effects of climate change by funding renewable energy, forestry, or clean water projects. These projects reduce emissions of carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases in order to compensate for emissions made elsewhere, like the emissions created from ordering something online.
Look for this section in the shopping cart page (cost will vary based on your order size):
Are your products vegan-friendly?
Yes, all our products are vegan, and we don't do any animal testing. We leave the animals alone.
How do you ship your products?
When it comes to packing and shipping, we keep it simple. Never plastic. Always recyclable. It’s just one of the ways we maximize your convenience while minimizing cost to the planet.
Where are your products made?
We choose factories that comply with worldwide environmental best practices, labor laws, material sourcing, and quality control procedures. They help us make sure we continue to produce high-quality products with responsible partners.
- Pacific Mint toothpaste and Goodfloss are made in the US.
- Bamboo toothbrushes are made in China.
- Premium toothbrush aluminum handles are made in Portland, OR, and the brush heads are made in China.
- Be. Brush will be made in China.
What are the bristles made from?
The bristles on all of our brushes are made of charcoal-infused nylon. We’re working on a non-nylon, natural bristle, but nylon is the most sustainable vegan option available that also performs as expected when wet. The only natural materials that have similar properties to nylon today are either pig or badger hair.
We are in the process of researching bristle alternatives that are stable enough to effectively clean, while also being closer to our brand vision. We would love to be the company that comes up with that alternative!
Are your bristles “soft?”
Our bristles are technically "soft", however, the addition of charcoal adds a small amount of stiffness to the bristle filament, so our bristles feel “soft-medium”. We are working to find an "extra-soft" alternative in the near future.
What are your products and packaging made of?
- Bamboo Brush - Sustainably-harvested bamboo handle (it's the fastest growing plant on earth!) with soft nylon bristles infused with activated charcoal. The charcoal helps to deodorize and balances the pH in your mouth while fighting the germs that cause bad breath. Soy-based paint on the handle and recyclable paper packaging.
- Goodfloss - Made of PLA bioresin and nylon floss. Each card is individually packed in a paper envelope.
- Premium Brush - the brush head is made of PLA bioresin with soft nylon-4 bristles infused with activated charcoal. The charcoal helps to deodorize and balances the pH in your mouth while fighting the germs that cause bad breath.
- Be. Brush - PLA bioresin refill head with nylon bristles (available in natural or charcoal-infused). The brush body is made of plastic and metal components.
- Pacific Mint Toothpaste: The natural formula has no synthetics, preservatives, colorants, or fluoride. Tubes are made of a sugarcane-derived polyethylene, which reduces our reliance on fossil fuels. The tubes are recyclable but not biodegradable. If they were biodegradable, the decomposition would begin the moment they are filled with paste. Refreshing minty flavor with a hint of Jacobsen’s sea salt, which is harvested from the Pacific Ocean. The tube stands upright on the shelf, so there is no outer box packaging.
What's in your Pacific Mint toothpaste?
- Calcium Carbonate - A mild abrasive which helps to safely remove plaque when brushing and gently polishes away surface stains.
- Purified Water
- Sorbitol - Natural sweetener made from corn that keeps toothpaste moist and not dry out during its shelf life.
- Sodium Bicarbonate - (Baking Soda)
- Vegetable Glycerin - Non-gmo vegetable glycerin derived from vegetable oils
- Hydrated Silica - Natural material from the earth that is used to help remove surface stains and whiten & polish teeth.
- Xylitol (birch derived) - A five-carbon sugar used as a sweetener
- Jacobsen's sea salt - Sea salt from the Oregon-based company Jacobsen's, who harvest from the pristine waters of Netarts Bay, Oregon
- Stevia (Leaf Extract) - Derived from the stevia plant. Used as a natural sweetener and to further enhance the natural mint oil flavoring.
- Xanthan Gum - A plant-based thickening and stabilizing agent.
- Betaine - An amino acid that has been shown to have potential benefits for fighting heart disease, improving body composition
What are Goodfloss and the Premium brush refill heads made of?
Goodfloss and Premium brush refill heads are made of Polylactic acid (PLA), which is a plastic substitute made from fermented plant starch. It is compostable in anaerobic environments, meaning a controlled industrial composting facility. We’re trying to stay at the forefront of material technology, and PLA is the best alternative to petroleum-based plastics that both performs with the necessary strength and is available to us on the market. We’re testing experimental materials like PHA, which is degradable in marine environments, but it doesn’t work very well for the flosser or brush head because it’s too flexible in the existing formulation. If you run a company working on next-generation bioplastics, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
How should I dispose of your products and packaging?
- Bamboo brush: The handle will degrade in soil in about 6 months in a composting bin. To dispose in a commercial or backyard compost, we recommend you use a pair of pliers to remove the bristles from the head of the toothbrush and remove the small metal staples that are used to clamp the bristles to the handle. The natural bamboo handle can either be reused or thrown in a composting bin. Please dispose of the nylon bristles in your household waste or contact your local recycling facility to see if there’s a solution for recycling the bristles. If removing the bristles is too much work, then snap off the brush head part and dispose of it before composting the handle.
- Premium brush handles and Goodfloss: PLA is industrially compostable; it requires a certain amount of heat in order to break down, which is difficult to achieve in home composting. We recommend contacting your local recycling facility to see if there’s a composting or recycling solution in place for PLA where you live.
- Packaging: All our product and shipping packaging is recyclable paper or cardboard
How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your refill plan at any time with no charge.
To cancel your subscription, head to https://goodwell.co/account/login. Log-in and select Subscription Preferences and select “Cancel” under the Actions column. Canceling a plan will not cancel a refill order that has already been charged to your account and/or shipped.
Where are orders shipped from?
All orders are shipped from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
What is your return and refund policy?
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. We can provide refunds (less any incurred shipping costs) within 30 days of receiving your order. Please contact us to initiate the return and confirm our return address. Return postage is not included. Before you ship, please record your personal tracking number, as we cannot issue a refund for items lost in return transit without proof of tracking.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you when we have received your returned item. When approved, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
- Only regular priced items may be refunded; sale and discounted items, including crowdfunding campaign contributions, cannot be refunded.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return and/or refund as quickly as possible. Please do not send anything without contacting us first.
My product has a manufacturing defect, what should I do?
We do our best to make sure each item is perfect, but occasionally there can be a glitch. If you have a quality problem with one of our products, please contact us at email@example.com. If possible, please include a photo!